Protocol Education are working with a SEND school in Sunderland seeking a SEN Teaching Assistant to work with pupils who have SEND, complex needs and physical difficulties on a long-term basis.
Previous experience working with children or young people with learning difficulties as a Teaching Assistant or within the Health and Social Care sector would be beneficial, however, the most important attribute is the willingness to get involved, being proactive and having enthusiasm and energy!
What you need to apply for our Teaching Assistant role:
• Previous experience working with children, or young adults, with ASC and complex needs.
• Confidence dealing with pupils with different abilities and SEND requirements.
• A good knowledge of the National Curriculum or educational settings.
• Good communication skills.
• Enthusiastic attitude towards inspiring children.
• Confident in implementing support techniques, such as PEC’s & Makaton or willingness to learn.
• Compassionate and positive with a flexible approach when supporting the child
Working Monday to Friday - 8:30 - 3:30.
Working one to one with students in core subjects and creative lessons
Differentiating work to meet the students needs
Working together as part of a team
Passionate about making a difference to students learning and wellbeing
Excellent transport links with a metro and regular local buses
No Umbrella Companies
Support throughout your placements
On site training & accredited CPD
If this rewarding role sounds like you, don't hesitate to apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.