I am working closely with a Secondary School based Islington.
They are currently recruiting for a Secondary English Teacher to join them in March 2024. If this English Teaching job is of interest to you, please apply today.
About the School:
My client is looking for suitably qualified candidates to join their staff.
- The school has large open spaces, along with the most up to date technology.
- The school has a strong focus on creativity.
- The school values students aspiring to reach excellence. They pride themselves on providing creative teaching and learning opportunities, as well as several extra-curricular activities.
- The school looks for ambitious staff, who are enthusiastic, hardworking, conscientious, and energetic individuals. The school offers a range of staff benefits and opportunities in terms of professional development. The school has pupil to teacher ratios than are in line with the national averages.
About the role:
My client is looking for suitably qualified English Teachers.
- Degree in English or English Studies and History or English Studies and Religion and a PGCE or QTS Qualification.
- Degree credit points should contain Literature and some Media Studies topics. Should be able to design schemes of work and lessons on English language, communication, and literature.
- Strong Literacy and Numeracy skills is a must.
- Knowledge across different frameworks of assessment is desired (AQA, Ed Excel, BTEC). Advantageous to be able to teach to A Levels.
- Demonstrate strong behaviour management techniques. Able to promote behaviour for learning. Must display calm and professional approach to managing class expectations and behaviour standards.
- Highly organized and good communication is a must. Must be able to work collaboratively and take direction from other staff.
- Clients are open to candidates with good to outstanding references.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role - please apply and we will be in touch. If you are interested in this role, please click apply now.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.