We are currently seeking an experienced English Teacher to join a wonderful specialist school supporting students with SEMH (social, emotional, and Mental health) needs and based in Shrewsbury.
We are looking for an open-minded, curious, kind, and inspirational Teacher of English to work at this specialist school supporting students aged 11-18. Applications from candidates with primary training and experience with SEMH or SEN are particularly welcomed. The school’s mission is to recognise each and every one of their students as individuals, and to nurture their potential, developing the whole child through a therapeutic approach.
- Hold valid QTS with experience of teaching English
- Have SEN / SEMH experience
- Understand and have techniques to manage challenging behaviour
- Be resilient and flexible, but also empathetic and nurturing.
- Prides itself of having a carefully planned curriculum.
- Offers a supportive and encouraging ethos, to allow you to develop at your own pace.
- Offers an environment where the potential of each child is at the heart of everything they do
- Allows opportunities for you to practice your leadership and/or creative skills
- Close to public transport links
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
If this is an opportunity that excites you, we strongly encourage you to Apply Now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.