Protocol Education are working on behalf of a school in Sunderland to recruit a teacher of English. This is a full time position to begin in September 2023. However there may be opportunity for a summer 2023 start to secure the right candidate. This is a full time position until July 2023.
This OFSTED graded good school, located in Washington is within easy reach of Sunderland city centre. It is also accessible from the surrounding areas of South Tyneside and County Durham by public transport.
The school is keen to consider applications from English specialists with experience of teaching to KS4. Applications from ECTs will also be welcomed. There will be the opportunity for an ECT to complete some of their induction period if required.
This is a great opportunity to join a supportive department, in a OFSTED graded good school with good behaviour.
Requirements to apply for this role:
• Must hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or be an Early Career Teacher (ECT) or Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT).
• Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
• Be an excellent practitioner with high expectations for all pupils.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed and forward-thinking team.
• A passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons.
• A strong grasp of national curriculum.
• Knowledge and understanding of the effective inclusion of all children, and of the factors which support high achievement in school for all pupils.
• A real commitment to get parents involved in their children’s learning.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.