We are working in collaboration with a secondary school based in Birmingham who are seeking to appoint a full time English Teacher.
About the role:
We are looking for an English Teacher who would be a fantastic addition to this Birmingham based school. As an English Teacher your role would be to challenge children to push them to the best of their abilities, whilst being committed to high quality teaching and learning. The successful English Teacher must be able to enthuse, engage and motivate students and also be and individual who is reflective and willing to improve. You will be responsible for outstanding teaching that develops curious and dedicated learners, remember we are teaching the next generation lets have an impact!
- Degree in English or English Studies and History or English Studies and Religion and PGCE or QTS Qualification– Qualified Teacher Status
- Live in the Birmingham area
- Should be able to design schemes of work and lessons on English language, communication and literature.
- Proficient communication skills: verbal, written and reading comprehension.
- Understanding and knowledge of the frameworks of assessment is desirable, with advantageous to be able to teach to A Levels. (AQA, EdExcel, BTEC)
- Demonstrate strong behavioural management techniques. Able to promote behaviour for learning. Must display calm and professional approach to managing class expectations and behaviour standards.
- Passion for Teaching & Student educational development
- Open to Continuous Professional Development
- Up-to-date knowledge of the English curriculum and assessment requirements
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.