Are you a Drama, Sports or Psychology graduate......
Are you interested in supporting young people who no longer attend a mainstream school?
Do you have what it takes to adapt into a rewarding environment as part of a supportive and welcoming team?
Have you ever thought about working in an alternative educational setting, PRU, complex needs or school for learners with autism?
We are seeking Teaching Assistants, Tutors and Support Workers for Pupil Referral Units, SEMH Schools and Alternative Settings across West Yorkshire for long term and short-term roles that can lead to permanent opportunities. This acts as a great step up if you are looking for a career in Education, especially if you are intending to go on and complete your teacher training or work with young people in a wider context.
We specialise in developing graduates within a range of school environments over the remaining Summer term, with the intent of gaining them full time emplotyment for the new academic year.
We would especially welcome applications if you have an interest or experience in the any of the following areas.
• A genuine passion for working with young people and improving their outcomes.
• Youth Community work experience.
• Have studied one of the following Drama, Sports coaching or Psychology
• Outgoing, strong, confident personality and can work independently
• SEND experience - SEMH, MLD, SEN, ASC.
• Have worked in residential support or as a care worker
• Possess Team Teach or some physical intervention training or be willing to train for the above to enhance your prospects of progressing.
• Mentoring or 1:1 student tuition in either English, Maths or Science
• Teaching/Learning Support Assistance/ Numeracy and Literacy support
Protocol Education has been placing teaching professionals in a range of settings for many years. We are a REC accredited and audited company, this means we really take safeguarding seriously and are a leading fully compliant provider within the education sector. We have a large office network that stretches from the North East to the South West and most areas in-between.
Protocol Education adheres to the following from its Support Workers;
• A DBS certificate with a live subscription to the update service or be willing to get one.
• Two professional references within the last three years.
• Someone who is committed to the safeguarding of young people.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.