Design Technology Technician
Start Date: September 2023
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Design Technology Technician to join our Faculty of Performing and Creative Arts. As a Design Technology Technician, you will play a crucial role in preparing and promoting the development of technology practical work to meet the teaching, student, and learning needs within this mainstream secondary school.
- Develop and prepare Design Technology practical work that aligns with teaching objectives and supports student learning.
- Manage and organize resources in the technology areas, ensuring materials and equipment are readily available for daily use and long-term projects.
- Collaborate with teaching staff to identify technical requirements related to the curriculum, while ensuring the health, welfare, and safety of both staff and students in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Carry out routine maintenance of tools and equipment, ensuring they are in proper working condition.
- Set up equipment needed for class demonstrations and practical classes, supporting teachers and students during Design Technology lessons.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to both staff and students, fostering a conducive learning environment.
- Maintain up-to-date displays showcasing students' project work and artifacts.
- Prepare and organize materials and resource packs for teacher and student projects.
- Assist in transferring student work to digital media when required.
- Manage the central archiving of teaching resources across all areas of the learning environment.
- Advise staff, including Heads of Design Technology and Heads of Faculty, on material stocks and inventory checks.
- Organize storage for tools, equipment, and student folders and project work.
- Maintain stock levels and initiate the ordering of materials and components as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Head of Design Technology to prepare budgetary forecasts and ensure departmental spending stays within budget constraints.
- Ensure all projects and materials are economically viable, conducting costings and obtaining approval from appropriate supervisors.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience in design technology practical work that meets teaching, student, and learning needs.
- Familiarity with technical requirements raised by the design technology curriculum.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health and safety legislation pertaining to the design technology field.
- Proficient ICT skills.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with staff and students.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong multitasking abilities and the capacity to work well under pressure.
- Relevant technical qualifications to support the role.
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for supporting students' learning journey in Design Technology, Apply now.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.