Design Technology Teacher | Lincoln
Start date: ASAP/Flexible working options
Protocol are working with a comprehensive school in Lincoln who are looking to recruit a Design Technology Teacher.
Do you hold UK QTS and have prior experience as a Design Technology Teacher?
Want to boost your career by joining one of the leading schools in Lincoln?
You, the new Design Technology Teacher;
As the new Design Technology teacher, you'll be expected to plan and deliver engaging, interactive lessons to enhance learning and encourage pupils' curiosity. Use your passion and energy to reach low attainers while pushing the high ones, and work with parents and your TA's to formulate the best plans for each child. Sound like you...?
You should be well-qualified, enthusiastic and committed Teacher of Design Technology. The candidate will teach across the Key Stages. The start date is negotiable and is full time, however, part time will be considered.
- Hold QTS and a relevant undergraduate degree
- Have successful teaching experience at secondary level
- Understand the theory and practice of effective teaching and learning
- Understand the importance of high expectations and equality of access for all students
- Have knowledge of National Curriculum requirements at KS3 and KS4, and of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students' work
- Be able to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain positive relationships with all staff
- Be able to communicate positively with parents, carers, and other external agencies where necessary.
- Have good written and spoken communication skills
- Be able to lead and manage their own work effectively
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be able to motivate students and raise their aspirations through a range of strategies
Located near Lincoln's beautiful cathedral, and is truly comprehensive, with over 1,300 students on roll, including over 200 in the Sixth Form. In our latest OFSTED visit in June 2023, we remain a GOOD school.
Working with Protocol Education as a valued employee you can benefit from:
- Flexible job opportunities to work around you
- Excellent rates of pay, weekly through PAYE
- Dedicated consultant to provide continued support during your placements
- Opportunity to develop short term work into long term roles
- Access to training courses to support your ongoing professional development
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.