Current/Future PGCE Graduate Opportunity
Protocol Education are currently looking for students currently studying or have completed their PGCE, or any form of teacher training. The roles we are recruiting for would be to work as a Cover Supervisor in a Secondary School. We have opportunities to start in January & February across Bristol & South Gloucestershire. We also have roles starting throughout the academic year, dependent on when you are looking to start.
This role does not require full Qualified Teacher Status!
Similar to a Supply Teacher, but with no planning or marking requirements, the role would be perfect for someone who wants to gain valuable experience working in a classroom to back up your future or current studies.
Flexible options that suit your studies, other work or childcare arrangements, work when you want. Long term and permanent options that offer a consistent income and strong career developement as an aspiring ECT.
- As a Cover Supervisor, you are responsible for supervising work pre-set in accordance with the schools’ guidelines, and ensuring such work is carried out to the best of the students abilities.
- To manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they undertake their work and ensuring a constructive and positive environment is always enforced.
- De-escalating situations within the classroom in the correct way certifying safeguarding procedures are always adhered to and behaviour policies followed
- Collecting of work at the end of the lesson and returning it to the appropriate recipient.
- Reporting any safeguarding concerns using the school’s referral procedures and safeguarding policies.
- Currently working towards, or has completed, teacher training
- Someone with aspirations to become a class teacher with a strong background working with children and young people
- Someone who truly cares about the education of Children and Young People and enjoys working in a school environment.
- A person who can create positive relationships with both pupils and staff members to create the best learning environment possible.
- Excellent communication skills – Written and verbal
- Confidence in being in front of a class and handling potential behaviour issues.
- Flexible and adaptable to different situations in regards to lessons and year groups.
- Right to work in UK
What to Expect from Protocol
- An extremely competitive rate of pay at £80 - £100 per day (dependent on experience)
- Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE – No hidden costs!
- CPD opportunities through Protocol Education – Over 50 courses available online
- CV Writing and Support
- Social Events and networking opportunities to other educational staff
- A dedicated team of professional and experienced consultants to help and guide you
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.