Creative Teaching Assistant
We are looking to recruit teaching assistants from creative backgrounds such as art, music or acting who are keen to apply their creative skills within a special needs school.
As a teaching assistant you will be required to think creatively and apply your skills to sensory sessions, develop students hand eye coordination, speech & language skills, social/communication skills, speech and language skills, independence, and cognitive processes. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work within a variety of different subjects such as cooking, art & music.
Salary- 350-400 per week
Hours- Monday-Friday 830-4pm
As a classroom assistant you will be bringing your creative skills in to practice assisting students within their education. Your role would include:
- Engaging students with creative crafts such as cooking, music, art, dance, or drama
- Working in small groups or 1:1 to engage students effectively
- Working alongside other staff members to assess students’ ability and levels
- Working in line with schools’ procedures and ethos
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Experienced working with children
- Dedicated to the needs of the students and their learning
- Has a genuine passion for working with students and creating positive impacts
What we can offer-
- Dedicated team who is willing to support you throughout the entire application process, and keeps you at the focus of your role
- Over 50cpd courses to ensure that you have knowledge and skills to be able to complete your role effectively
- A community of educators that you can thrive with
Before we can place you in work, we need you to complete a clearing process. This process includes-
- Police checks- DBS and Overseas police check if needed (lived abroad for 5months in the past 5 years)
- Satisfactory references
- CV covering the past 10 years
- Completion of a safeguarding course
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.