Protocol Education are currently recruiting teaching assistants from creative backgrounds who are confident in delivering creative one to one sessions to students with special needs. This particular SEN school are recruiting teaching assistants with/without experience who are creatively minded and enjoy working with young people. The role will be be working with learners in a creative way on a one to one basis, with the primary target of preparing them for adulthood. Whilst you will be supporting students on a one to one basis you will also have the opportunity to assist in lessons such as music, art and P.E. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to work outdoors supporting students at local farms, work placements and other non educational organisations, such activities encourages students to be more aware of life outside of education and helping prepare them for the next step in their lives.
- Located in Middlesbrough
- Full time - Monday to Thursday, with the option of working Fridays
- Supporting students in class ranging from 6 - 8 students per class
- Developing students academic and social skills through creative approaches such as art or music
- Teaching numeracy, with a primary focus on the importance of moment and becoming more independent
- Supporting students within the community
- Opportunity to be trained during the role
- Excellent transport links
- No umbrella companies meaning no hidden deductions
- Experience of behaviours that challenge
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a calm and consistent approach
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with learners and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.