Job Title: Creative Therapist for Children with Special Needs
Salary: £11.80 - £13.00
Start date: ASAP
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Creative Therapist to join our team, working with children with special needs such as SpLD (Speech and Language Delay), SLCN (Speech Language and Communication Need), MSI (Multi Sensory Impairment), and EHCP (Educational Health Care Plan). This is a rewarding role that requires creativity, patience, and empathy, where you will be making a real difference in the lives of children and their families.
- Conducting creative therapy sessions for children with special needs to improve their communication, cognitive, social, and emotional development
- Developing and implementing individualized treatment plans based on each child's specific needs, abilities, and interests
- Collaborating with families, teachers, and other professionals to ensure a coordinated approach to therapy and education
- Keeping detailed records of each child's progress and communicating regularly with families and colleagues
- Continuously evaluating and adapting therapy techniques and strategies based on ongoing assessments and feedback
- Staying up-to-date with the latest research and best practices in creative therapies and special education
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with children with special needs in the UK
- Experience and knowledge of SpLD, SLCN, MSI, and EHCP
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with families, teachers, and other professionals
- Creativity, patience, and empathy, with a passion for making a difference in the lives of children with special needs
- Ability to work independently and manage a caseload of children
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of children and their families
- Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
If you are a creative and dedicated therapist who is passionate about working with children with special needs, we would love to hear from you. APPLY NOW !!!!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.