Protocol Education are currently recruiting for a thriving SEND school in Bristol, looking for a candidate with a strong Creative/Arts background.
The school focuses on a holistic approach to learning and uses sensory and therapy strategies in their daily timetable to combine an individualised curriculum and calm and purposeful environment. The children that attend the school have complex needs, ASD, behavioural difficulties and SEMH needs, as well as other individual needs. All children have an EHCP which will be shared when working with them to ensure consistency and familiarity within their learning and individual goals. You will be working 1:1 with pupils as well as supporting within the classroom. This means being adaptable, proactive and positive. Using your creative background in Arts, sensory, therapy or drama, you will be able to uniquely support SEND pupils with a variety of needs and emotions within their daily lives and education. Using your creative nature to engage, promote confidence, distract and positively influence meaningful, fun and supportive learning and progress.
Role: Creative/Artistic Youth Worker
Start Date: Monday 17th April
Skill set: Arts background/degree/sensory or therapy background/drama background/degree/SEND experience
Protocol Education are looking for a candidate who;
-Believes that every student, regardless of their background or need, can make outstanding progress
- Is rigorous, relentless, determined, creative, creative and inspirational in their style and presence as a leader
- Utilises a variety of teaching methods to present engaging, thoughtful lessons and CPD sessions
- Is caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the well being with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals and the local community
Protocol Eduction can offer;
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- Guaranteed work agreements that guarantee consistent work and income
- CPD during half term or summer
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
- Guidance and support from an experienced team with over 31 years experience in the education and recruitment sector
- Free Webinars on topical, relevant information within schools to enhance and keep professional knowledge updated
- £250 refer a friend rebate
- NQT/ECT network community that supports new and existing teachers
- Social events & termly awards that celebrate outstanding performance and commitment
Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
If you are interested in this role please apply through this advert or apply on our Protocol Education website.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.