Protocol Education are currently recruiting teaching or learning support assistants to work in one of our outstanding colleges. This particular organisation are recruiting teaching/learning support assistants with/without experience who enjoy working with young adults and are passionate in making a positive difference to their learning and development. If successful, the role will be be preparing students for adulthood through teaching key functional and life skills. This includes activities such as cooking, understanding money, social awareness, supporting in work placements and also developing their communication skills. As teaching assistant you will be working on a one to one basis and within a small class of students and professionals where you will work collaboratively as a team to meet the students targets and goals. This rewarding role will also offer on site training provided by the college.
- Located in Southwark
- Full time - Monday to Thursday, with the option of work on Fridays
- Long term opportunity with job security
- Supporting students in class ranging from 6 - 8 students per class
- Developing students academic and social skills through creative approaches such as art or music
- Supporting students on a one to one basis
- Assisting in life skills, outdoor activities, numeracy and literacy
- The opportunity to be trained during the role
- No umbrella companies meaning no hidden deductions
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a calm and consistent approach
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with learners and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach and Webinars
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and have the suitable qualifications and personal qualities, we would encourage you to Apply Now or alternatively please submit your to email@example.com
In addition we have other schools within Wandsworth and neighbouring boroughs that offer other long term opportunities. If you would like to know more please apply and you will be contacted to discuss this and additional roles.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.