Protocol Education are working closely with a school in Ely to look for Cover Supervisors for long term and permanent placements in September.
We would love to speak to anyone who has experience working with young people in a variety of fields. This is also a perfect opportunity for those (unsure whether/looking) to progress into a teaching career.
It is important to note you don't have to be a qualified teacher to apply for this role.
We would love to speak to you if you have experience working with young people in different environments, including; sport coaches, youth workers, health and social care. If you are seeking a new challenge this could be a perfect opportunity for you.
For this role you will have to be comfortable managing a classroom and ensuring students stay on task, in order to do this you must be self-motivated, resilient and have a positive attitude.
Responsibilities would include:
- Covering pre-planned lessons across a range of departments.
- Managing classroom behaviour.
- Implementing the school’s behaviour policy and small group support.
- Maintaining welfare and safety of students.
- Opportunity to gain experience in selected departments within school – future teachers programmes.
To be suitable for the role you will:
- Be available from September. The working day is 8.30am to 4.00pm, term time only.
- Hold some relevant experience working with young individuals, ideally between the ages of 11 years – 18 years (voluntary experience is accepted).
- Hold strong behaviour management skills and be comfortable managing large groups of students.
- Be resilient, confident and adaptable.
- Experience with special educational needs children is highly regarded but not essential.
- Have a passion for supporting young people.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.