Cover Supervisor - Secondary School - Bath
An Ofsted rated 'Good' school in Bath are seeking a Cover Supervisor to join them on a long-term, ongoing basis. As a Cover Supervisor, you will supervise whole classes and/or small groups during the short term absence of the timetabled class teacher, whether planned or un-planned absence. You will ensure that students carry out the curriculum tasks set by the absent teacher, assisting them to understand the nature of the work set, managing student behaviour and minimising the impact of the teacher’s absence on their learning.
You can either be a qualified teacher, looking for the opportunity to teach without the additional planning, preparation and marking that a full teaching role entails. Alternatively, you could be someone with a background as a higher level teaching assistant, or someone with a degree or strong backgroundf in a care subject and feel capable to lead and cover a variety of lessons throughout the school timetable.
This role would be perfect for someone looking to gain valuable classroom experience prior to embarking on a teaching career, or a brilliant opportunity for any graduates seeking a career change. Full and Part-time position available.
Hours: 8.30am-3.30pm (Monday to Friday). Part time opportunities also available.
• As an unqualified teacher/cover supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising work that is pre-set in accordance with the schools’ guidelines and ensuring such work is carried out to the best of the students abilities
• You will manage the behaviour of pupils in lessons and ensure a constructive and positive environment is always enforced.
• Collecting of work at the end of the lesson and returning it to the appropriate recipient, meaning you will not have to complete any marking.
• Report any safeguarding concerns in line with the school’s safeguarding policy.
You will be:
• Someone who truly cares for the education of children and thrives in an environment working with likeminded individuals.
• Somebody with desire to go the extra mile
• A person who truly cares for young people
• Be someone with excellent communication skills; Verbal/written and reading comprehension
• Able to demonstrate a track record of positively impacting the lives of children. (Please note - this can be in any field Youth Work, Volunteering, Sports Clubs etc.)
What you can expect from Protocol Education:
- Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (No hidden umbrella costs)
- CPD courses & Free Webinars during half terms
- Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT/ ECT) Network & community
- CV writing & support
- Social events, opportunity to network with other educational staff
- A team of professional and experienced consultants to guide you
- Around the clock support and assistance from Protocol Education
- A £250 referral bonus if you refer someone new to work for Protocol Education
If this is the role for you, apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.