2023 saw the need for more educators to assist in secondary schools on a supply basis than ever before and 2024 is shaping up to be the same. Many secondary schools are open to people without prior experience to work within the school. Protocol Education have been assisting schools to find Cover Supervisors for many years and given the current demand we have a high number of positions available right across Lincolnshire.
As a company we offer FREE Cover Supervisor training. Be in contact today to begin your route into teaching!
What does a Cover Supervisor do?
Cover Supervisors' supervise pupils, ensuring that they are engaged in the classwork and at breaktimes. All the classwork is already prepared so your role will be to encourage pupils to interact, assist them with tasks where needed and create a safe, supportive, and positive environment within the classroom in order to facilitate learning.
Why work as a Cover Supervisor?
- You can make a real contribution to children’s ongoing education in a time of great uncertainty for many parents
- You can work in a way that suits your lifestyle and achieve genuine “work/life balance”without the pressure or stress of a permanent position.
- You are in control of the days you want to work without the pressure or stress of a permanent position.
- Days can be booked in advance or the day with days that you hadn’t previously anticipated being free.
- You get the opportunity to experience working across several different schools and age groups
- You can work full-time or part-time
- It can provide great experience for anyone looking to become a Teacher
In order to be suitable for this position you will:
- Have 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A to C) or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Hold some relevant experience working with young individuals, ideally between the ages of 11 years – 18 years (voluntary experience is accepted
- Be a strong communicator with a fluent level of spoken and written English
- Have the confidence to work with a classroom of children aged 11 – 16
- Be competent in using software such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Have a strong interest in the ongoing education and development of children
- Be able to pass an enhanced background check (DBS)
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to complete a PGCE, this role will help to ensure that teaching is the right path for you. Experience working as a cover supervisor is highly recognised when applying for a teaching post. Within this role you will develop an understanding of education systems and curriculum, improve your behaviour management skills, and can network for career development
To find out more:
“Apply now” or contact Kayleigh on 01522 425797
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.