Our special school in Rotherham is seeking a Complex Needs Learning Support to join our team. Our school caters to children and young people with severe learning difficulties and complex needs, ranging from ages 2 to 19. This role is initially for 12 weeks but has the potential to become permanent for the right person.
- Supporting students with complex needs in their learning and daily activities
- Creating and implementing individualized plans for students
- Assisting with personal care, including toileting and feeding
- Collaborating with the teaching team to ensure the best possible outcomes for students
- Maintaining a safe and positive learning environment
- Experience working with children or young people with complex needs
- Knowledge of special education needs and best practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Willingness to assist with personal care tasks
If you are passionate about supporting children and young people with complex needs and are looking for a fulfilling role in a supportive environment, please apply today.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.