Classroom Based Youth Support Worker
Protocol Education is looking for caring, supportive and hardworking classroom-based youth workers who have previous experience working with students with SEND as a part of small groups or on a one-to-one basis. We are looking for youth support workers to start fulltime at a reputable school in Lambeth
If you have any experience with supporting students with Special Needs and are ready to take up a challenge, this is the role for you!
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to efficiently work with a team.
- Be compassionate, patient and understanding towards the students with SEND.
- Be available to start as soon as possible.
- Preferably have previous experience in working with students with additional needs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing personalised support as per the specific needs of the students
- Delivering engaging activities to ensure social, emotional and educational development of the students.
- Monitoring progress of the students and be able to work towards targets with the students.
- Reporting progress/issues to the class teacher/SEND team.
If you are interested and would like to apply for this position or require any further information, we would love to hear from you! To apply, please submit your CV outlining your relevant experience.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.