This SEN school are recruiting for a Classroom Assistants who are confident in delivering creative one to one sessions to students with special needs. This particular school are recruiting classroom assistants with/without experience (depending on personal experiences or transferable skills) who are creatively minded and enjoy working with young people. The role will be be working with learners in a creative way on a one to one basis, with the primary target of preparing them for adulthood. Whilst you will be supporting students on a one to one basis you will also have the opportunity to assist in lessons such as music, art and P.E. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to work outdoors supporting students at local farms, work placements and other non educational organisations, such activities encourages students to be more aware of life outside of education and helping prepare them for the next step in their lives.
- Located in Newcastle
- Full time - Monday to Friday
- Long term opportunity with job security
- Supporting students in class ranging from 6 - 8 students per class
- Developing students academic and social skills through creative approaches such as art or music
- Teaching numeracy, with a primary focus on the importance of moment and becoming more independent
- Supporting students within the community and preparing students for work placements
- Supporting students in the work start program
- Opportunity to be trained during the role
- Excellent transport links
- No umbrella companies meaning no hidden deductions
You will have:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a calm and consistent approach
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with learners and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach and Webinars
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and have the suitable qualifications and personal qualities, we would encourage you to apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.