We are looking to recruit teaching assistants from creative backgrounds such as art, music or acting who are keen to apply their creative skills within a special needs school.
As a teaching assistant you will be required to think creatively and apply your skills to sensory sessions, develop students hand eye coordination, speech & language skills, social/communication skills, speech and language skills, independence and cognitive processes. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work within a variety of different subjects such as cooking, art & music.
The role is Monday-Friday school hours.
- Engaging students with creative crafts such as cooking, music, art, dance or drama
- Working in small groups or 1:1 to engage students effectively
- Working alongside other staff members to assess students ability and levels
- Working in line with schools procedures and ethos
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Experienced working with children
- Dedicated to the needs of the students and their learning
- Has a genuine passion for working with students and creating positive impacts
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to undertake a DBS check and hold a valid safeguarding certificate. If you do not have these we can help you acces them.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.