Protocol Education is seeking a compassionate and dedicated Teaching Assistant to join the team at a SEN Provision within Stockton, catering to students aged 5 to 16. As a Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in assisting students with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs, enabling them to reach their full potential and achieve educational success.
- Provide one-on-one support to students aged 5 to 16 with SEMH needs, creating a safe and supportive space for them to thrive academically and emotionally.
- Collaborate with teachers and the wider support team to develop personalized strategies and interventions to address individual SEMH challenges.
- Assist in implementing behavior management techniques to help students regulate emotions and develop positive coping skills.
- Support students in developing social skills and building positive relationships with peers and adults.
- Work closely with students' families to ensure continuity of support between home and school.
Must be able to work 5 days a week full time
- Proven experience working with students aged 5 to 16 with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs is highly advantageous.
- Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification
- Strong understanding of SEMH-related challenges and the ability to implement appropriate support strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for helping students overcome SEMH obstacles.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to the dynamic needs of the students and the centre.
- Team Teach trained is desirable but not essential.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.