Protocol are looking for an experienced Behaviour Mentor to join our school in Croydon in January 2023.
The school are looking for someone to start on a long-term full-time basis.
The school is based in Croydon with an amazing team who are looking for a new member. Each class has only 7-8 students and your role would be to ensure students are working and staying focused in lessons. The students ages would range from 13–18-year-old and students can pose challenging behaviours, so de-escalation skills are essential.
You will be working within the classroom supporting students with challenging behaviour, you will support the class teacher throughout the day.
The typical school day runs from 08:30am until 15:30pm
You must have:
• Have experience in a UK primary, secondary or SEND school- preferably a PRU
• Have previous experience of working with students with ASD, SEMH or as a 1:1 support role.
• Available full time
• Possess a flexible work ethic be willing to adapt and work to deadlines successfully. Responsibilities
• Managing pupil's behaviour.
• Ensuring students engage with lessons, providing academic support and working under the instruction of the class teacher.
• Helping the students with their life skills.
The role is starting immediately/ January 2023. You will need an enhanced DBS to be considered for this role
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.