Permanent - ASAP Start
37 Hours per Week
Protocol Education are looking for a reliable, dedicated, hardworking and enthusiastic caretaker to join a Primary School we are working in partnership with. The school is based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
They are looking for someone who can be flexible, shows initiative and who can make the school a safe, clean and inviting school for children, staff and visitors.
- Maintaining the security of the schools’ buildings and grounds, unlocking and locking the building
- Operation and testing the fire alarm system
- Cleaning duties
- General building and site maintenance, cleanliness and tidiness.
- Undertaking checks and tests, in line with statutory guidance and Hertfordshire policies and procedures inc. the management of asbestos
- To work in line with the school’s risk assessments
- Operation of the school’s heating plant
- Waste/ recycling management
- Liaison with contractors as required
- Carry out general repairs and maintenance
- Stocktaking and reordering of cleaning material
- General porterage duties, including the movement of furniture and equipment within the school
- Ensure the site is safe and clean for all stakeholders
- Updating school records
- Ability to work on own initiative and identify areas of risk or requiring repairs across the site
- Be a designated key holder of the school for emergency call outs
- Monitoring gas, electricity and water usage
- Be aware of Health and Safety and COSHH regulations
- Adhere to and be an advocate of the schools Health and safety Policy
- Attend/Complete relevant statutory training
If you are interested in this Caretaker vacancy in Hemel Hempstead, please submit your CV and I will be in touch ASAP.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.