Protocol Education is working with a high-profile school in need of a caretaker for their expansive grounds. This is a full time role which includes a 30 minute unpaid dinner break but meals are provided. There is an expectation to work weekends with two days off during the week to compensate.
The principal focus of the role is the “hands on” cleaning and portering around school.
The post holder will be expected to lift, carry and transport goods around the site.
The school expects a high quality, courteous and friendly service for both internal and external customers.
The post holder will be expected to be flexible working both independently and as part of a team.
There is a need for close liaison with various team members to ensure tasks are completed for maximum efficiency.
• Daily swimming pool cleaning;
• Cleaning duties as required;
• To assist in delivery of supplies and laundry around the site;
• Emptying of external bins;
• Window cleaning;
• Reporting of any maintenance requirements;
• Routine daily inspections of the school van;
• To follow all rotas, guidelines and procedures;
• Ensure that all work that is conducted on site complies with Health and Safety Law and Manual Handling assessments;
• Be prepared to react to and execute any short notice tasks in support of the school;
• Carry out any other duty that reasonably falls within the general nature and level of responsibility of the role.
Additional school benefits include:
• 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays and Christmas Closure Days;
• Suitable work clothes are provided;
• Meals are provided;
• Free onsite parking;
• Use of the school gym and heated swimming pool (at designated times);
• Pension membership.
Protocol benefits include:
• Competitive rates of pay per hour through PAYE
• Free continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
• Ongoing support from our dedicated team of experts
• A £50 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education.
You MUST have a full UK driving license to apply for this role.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.