Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of students with special education needs? Do you have the right personal qualities to support and empower students in their learning journey? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Job Description: As a Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant (SEND TA), you will work closely with students with diverse learning needs, providing individualized support and guidance. Your role will involve assisting the classroom teacher in implementing educational plans, adapting materials, and creating a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Provide one-on-one support to students with special education needs
- Assist in the implementation of individualized education plans (IEPs)
- Collaborate with the classroom teacher to adapt materials and resources
- Foster a supportive and inclusive learning environment for all students
- Monitor and track student progress, providing feedback to the teacher
- Promote independence and social development among students
Qualifications and Skills:
- No specific educational background required; open to candidates from all backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with students
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with students with special education needs
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with the teaching team
- Flexibility and adaptability in responding to the individual needs of students
- Previous experience in a similar role or working with children is advantageous but not essential
How to Apply: If you are eager to make a positive impact in the field of special education and possess the right personal qualities, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter highlighting your interest in the position and relevant skills.
Note: This job advertisement is open to candidates of all backgrounds who meet the desired personal qualities. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.