Role: Care Worker
Hours: 33.75, 08:30 – 16:00
Protocol Education are working with this "Outstanding" (Ofsted 2019) school in Barnet who are looking for Care Workers to progress their career and to support a variety of Primary, Secondary and over 16s with learning difficulties.
They are looking for creative, driven and passionate individuals who can provide support to the class teacher and help maintain a supportive educational environment.
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A calm and consistent approach
- Actively promote safeguarding and equality
- An ability to work within a team as well as using own initiative to time manage work related tasks
- Be able to liaise with parents and other professional and maintain a professional relationship at all times.
- Be able to follow guidelines for care needs such as hoisting, manual handling and administrating medications
- Preferrable but not essential: Previous experience working with ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition), PMLD (Profound and multiple learning disorders) and MLD (Moderate learning difficulties).
- Experience working in care, elderly care and nursing will also be considered.
- Swimming Pool
- Multi-sensory room
- Student Kitchens
- Therapy rooms
- Break-out rooms
- Remote learning
What the employer offers you:
- A busy and vibrant place to work with lots of opportunities.
- Training and development with accredited qualifications
- Competitive salary (PAYE)
If you have experience working with children or young adults with special education needs, and are interested in making a positive contribution to the lives of young people, please send your CV uche.ibemere@Protocol-Education.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.