We are looking to recruit Business Facilitator for one of our good colleges in Grays.
Looking for someone to provide a high quality offering contributing to the college teaching and learning programme. You will support the educational experience of the student while adhering to policy and procedure. Working with groups independently with guidance from teaching staff and the Head of Learning to maintain the highest standards. Assisting within the curriculum area to contribute to the realisation of the Corporation’s Mission statement for the College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct and facilitate learning for students within lessons, workshops and project based sessions
- Ensure students are clear on expectations within sessions and their progress is regularly reviewed
- Champion the implementation of project based learning as part of the college’s career focused learning strategy
- Assist in developing career based skills
- Gather and compile evidence that can be assessed as students generate it within sessions
- Contribute to the development and review of learning resources
- Work alongside academic staff for specific units for the course
- Work with team members to set targets for individual students, including monitoring and tracking progress, contributing to the attainment of high grades.
- Respond to requests and plans from staff for learning resources and session preparations
- Assist with college marketing events, study visits and off-site activities, as well as the display of student work for a range of events including exhibitions, assessment and open evenings, in order to support the curriculum and add value to College PR.
- Provide support for individual learner progress from screening, enrolment, through on programme and achievement, to progression destination in order to facilitate internal and external information requirements and support funding queries.
- Maintain the discipline of students in line with USP policies and procedures, throughout the Campus, and to take appropriate responsibility and action, as outlined in the College guidelines and in accordance with Child Protection best practice.
- Supervise student assessments during working hours following guidelines agreed with teachers
- Support the college in raising student aspirations, challenge student learning and engage students in their own learning
- Help prepare resources for online delivery as well as prepare areas/classrooms for student use
- Support and promote the use of ICT in the classroom and develop students’ competence and independence in its use
- Liaise regularly with employers to ensure projects meet the high standards they expect
- Liaise directly and clearly with academic staff to ensure students have clear targets for each session and make good progress towards meeting them
- Liaise directly with progress coaches (tutorial staff) to ensure student are set meaningful, reviewed targets that help them achieve high grades
- Liaise with learning support staff to ensure all students are fully supported
- Ensure that equipment, materials and stock are maintained.
- Provide support to cross-campus functions/events and to accompany students with academic staff on visits out of College premises, including escorting students.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of students, with special needs within the classroom ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources.
If you fell you are suitable to this role and would like to apply, please do so now!
You can alternatively give me a call on 01245 213 225 or send over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.