Protocol Education are currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant with a British Sign Language qualification or experience to work in a Secondary School in Bristol.
The school is a well known Secondary school in central Bristol, a large setting catering for years 7-11 and a school who where every student is encouraged to challenge themselves, work creatively and collaboratively to achieve excellence. You will be supported by the senior leadership team and working closely with the SEND team including SENCO, outside professionals and parents for the benefit of the child.
You will be working 1:1 with a pupil who is hearing impaired and uses BSL to communicate. As the 1:1 support for the child, you will need to have excellent communication skills and experience and knowledge in using BSL. You will be supporting the child within their lessons to ensure their needs are fully met and they are accessing their full education, which will include getting around the school, supporting during break times and taking 1:1 intervention sessions to support and challenge the pupil. You will be expected to record, monitor and feedback on the individual's progress, any issues or support needed and liaise consistently with the SEND team. Your role may consist of supporting other students with additional needs and you may be required to take small intervention groups to support different abilities on a more focused and tailored level.
Start date: Monday 17th April
Role: BSL Teaching Assistant
Hours: Monday to Friday 830am - 330pm, term time only
Location: Central Bristol, on major bus routes, car parking available
Salary: £11.80 - £13.00 per hour (dependent on experience) through PAYE, no umbrella/external company deductions
Skill set: Experience or confident in using BSL
Additional: Free car parking, free in house training - safeguarding training, behaviour management training, work place pension scheme (if eligible)
Protocol Education are looking for a candidate who;
-Believes that every student, regardless of their background or need, can make outstanding progress
- Is rigorous, relentless, determined, creative, creative and inspirational in their style and presence as a leader
- Utilises a variety of teaching methods to present engaging, thoughtful lessons and CPD sessions
- Is caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the well being with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals and the local community
Protocol Eduction can offer;
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- Guaranteed work agreements that guarantee consistent work and income
- CPD during half term or summer
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
- Guidance and support from an experienced team with over 31 years experience in the education and recruitment sector
- Free Webinars on topical, relevant information within schools to enhance and keep professional knowledge updated
- £250 refer a friend rebate
- NQT/ECT network community that supports new and existing teachers
- Social events & termly awards that celebrate outstanding performance and commitment
Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
If you are interested in this role please apply through this advert or apply on our Protocol Education website.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.