We are currently seeking a dedicated Biology Teacher who can inspire and educate A-Level and secondary pupils.As a subject teacher, you will play a vital role in maximizing the academic progress of your students. Collaborating with colleagues, you will actively contribute to the development of the department, fostering a positive, purposeful, and professional working atmosphere. Your commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people is of utmost importance, and you will be expected to share this commitment.
Teaching and Learning:
- Plan and deliver well-structured lessons that cater to the abilities of all students and align with the syllabus.
- Create a stimulating classroom environment that fosters effective learning.
- Instill enthusiasm for the subject and inspire all students to reach their potential.
- Collaborate with the Head of Department, Learning Support, Form Tutor, and Head of House to address individual student needs.
- Promote exemplary behaviour, encouraging proactive study habits and building strong student relationships.
- Assign homework in accordance with policy, tailored to student ability and workload.
- Assess student work accurately and provide thoughtful and meaningful feedback.
- Complete written assessments and reports within given guidelines and deadlines.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Relevant degree with UK PGCE or other teaching qualification providing QTS.
- Familiarity with the national curriculum of England, including IGCSE/GCSE and/or A-Level.
- Exemplify professionalism.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.