Protocol Education is recruiting for a Social & Emotional Youth Worker for a local North Somerset School to support pupils with additional learning or behavioural needs.
Protocol Education is looking for enthusiatic individuals who understand the challenges young people face in education and are passionate about contributing to the academic development of all students. You do not need to have experience based in a school environment however, we would value experience working or volunteering in youth clubs, sports coaching or the care sector. As long as you display your passion for supporting young people advance in their education and have empathy for their individual circumstances then you will suit this role! The school we are working with is outside the city with excellent facilities and an appreciation for people who think outside of the box.
About the role:
- Support class teacher by encouraging an active learning environment
- Delivering bespoke small group intervention, where needed.
- Create a supportive relationship with the students to encourage their learning in a way that works for them
- De-escalate any behavioural concerns during lessons in an appropriate manner and in accordance to safeguarding specifications
- Take initiative in the classroom to support pupils and aid the class teacher and/or other teaching assistants in creating a positive learning environment
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanour with the school at all times.
The candidate will:
- Have the ability to be flexible, positive and good humoured; proactively seeking creative ways of meeting children’s needs
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have a consistent and objective approach to pupils and instill confidence in their abilities
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to create positive rapport with students
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of students depending on their individual capabilities.
What the school can offer you:
- The full support of a dedicated committed team of staff.
- The opportunity to work with wonderful young learners and supportive parents.
- A commitment to offering excellent CPD opportunities.
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle-to-work scheme
What Protocol can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay per hour through PAYE
- Free continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £50 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education.
If this opportunity excites you, we strongly encourage you to Apply Now!
*You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role*
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.