Protocol Education are seeking a dedicated Behaviour Support Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs in a school setting.
As a Behaviour Support Assistant, you will work with a particular child, providing support and guidance to help them manage their behaviour effectively. You will work closely with the class teacher and SENCO to ensure that the child is fully supported both academically and emotionally.
- Provide 1:1 support to a child with SEN/SEMH needs
- Develop and implement behaviour support plans
- Liaise with class teacher and SENCO to ensure consistent support
- Monitor and record progress and behaviour of the child
- Encourage positive behaviour and de-escalate any challenging behaviour
- Promote a safe and inclusive learning environment
- Assist with the child's academic progress
- Experience working with children with SEN/SEMH needs
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Passionate about making a positive impact on children's lives
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.