Protocol Education, a leading education recruitment agency, is seeking a dedicated and experienced Behavioural Mentor to work with groups of children with challenging behaviours at a Rotherham school.
The key purpose of this role is to provide support and guidance to children with challenging behaviours. The Behavioural Mentor will work with groups of children to help them understand and manage their behaviour, develop positive relationships with peers and adults, and improve their academic performance.
- Work with groups of children with challenging behaviours, providing them with support, guidance, and advice.
- Develop and implement behaviour management strategies, in line with the school's policies and procedures.
- Monitor and record the progress of the children, providing regular feedback to parents, teachers, and other professionals.
- Work collaboratively with other professionals, including teachers, social workers, and educational psychologists.
- Attend meetings with parents, teachers, and other professionals to discuss the progress of the children.
- Experience working with children with challenging behaviours.
- Knowledge of behaviour management strategies and techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Flexibility and adaptability, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- A relevant qualification in education, psychology, or social work.
- Experience working in a school setting.
- Experience working with children with special educational needs.
If you are a dedicated and experienced Behavioural Mentor, with a passion for helping children with challenging behaviours, we would love to hear from you. Apply today to join our team at Protocol Education.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.