Behaviour Support Worker x 3
Protocol Education are working with an alternative provision in the Leeds area who are looking for three behaviour support workers to support their students aged 5 to 16 with SEMH (social, emotional and mental health) needs. These are full-time roles, Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 3.30.
The roles commence immediately and will lead to full time contracts. Due to their immediacy, applicants with an enhanced DBS for childcare, maintained on the update service will be proiritised.
- Work hard to improve the students’ chances in life
- Develop the students love for learning and confidence
- Set high expectations for the students
- Help the students build meaningful relationships
- Handle challenging behaviours and de-escalate situations
- Support the students in their personal and educational development
- Quickly build rapport with the students
- Work as a team with other staff and the teacher
- Use an innovative approach to teaching
- Have experience working with students with SEMH needs
- Be able to confidently handle challenging behaviours
- Have a nurturing and patient personality
- Passionate about supporting students with additional needs
This role would suit applicants who have a history of working with childhood trauma, Adverse Childhood Experiences and associated learning difficulties such as ADHD and global delay. As such we welcome applicants with a background in Psychology, Youth Work, Former blue light workers and supporting vulnerable individuals. This is a challenging but hugely reqarding job that is all about building relationships in order to create safe learning spaces and encourage self belief and regulation.
If you are interested in this role and fit the requirements, please apply to this advert with a copy of your CV.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.