September 2023 start
The purpose of this role is to lead and oversee the daily operations of Internal Suspension, while actively promoting the school's high conduct standards and managing students who exhibit challenging behaviour.
- Ensure high standards in the day-to-day running of Internal Suspension.
- Manage the Behaviour Support team and inclusion workers.
- Lead and monitor detentions, ensuring follow-up with students and pastoral leaders regarding non-attendance.
- Facilitate access to the National Curriculum for students on long-term relocation by coordinating work requests to teachers.
- Analyse behaviour data to identify trends and patterns, providing support to staff and departments for areas of concern.
- Offer active support to staff in dealing with students exhibiting challenging behaviour.
- Ensure accurate and timely logging of detentions into the school's management information system, addressing any issues that arise.
- Provide sufficient and appropriate work to students in Internal Suspension, addressing concerns and consequences for non-completion, contacting parents/carers as necessary.
- Maintain a strong visible presence, upholding high standards among students during duty and classroom visits, while also ensuring the rest of the team reflects this presence.
- Organize an "on-call" rotation for picking up students from lessons as needed.
- Contribute to achieving targets for reducing exclusions and improving attendance.
- Monitor and track students on individual behaviour plans, collaborating closely with Heads of Year and key Senior Leadership Team members.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.