Behaviour Support Assistant
Location: Nottingham, UK
Are you a dedicated and empathetic Social Worker or Support Worker with experience in supporting individuals with special needs or mental health challenges? We are currently seeking a passionate individual to join our team as a Behaviour Support Assistant within a primary school setting.
As a Behaviour Support Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in providing essential support to students who require additional assistance in managing their behaviour. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with students, teachers, and parents to develop and implement individualized behaviour support plans.
- Providing one-on-one or small group support to students with special needs or challenging behaviours.
- Implementing appropriate strategies and interventions to promote positive behaviour and emotional well-being.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of social skills programs and activities.
- Collaborating with the school's multidisciplinary team to ensure a holistic approach to student support.
- Building strong relationships with students, fostering trust, and offering guidance and mentorship.
- Monitoring and documenting student progress, providing regular feedback to the teaching team and parents.
What We're Looking For:
- Previous experience as a Social Worker, Support Worker, or in a similar role working with individuals with special needs or mental health challenges.
- A deep understanding of behavioural and emotional difficulties in children or adults.
- Empathy, patience, and the ability to connect with and inspire students.
- Knowledge of effective behaviour management techniques and positive reinforcement strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with students, teachers, and parents.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced school environment.
- Relevant qualifications and certifications in social work, counselling, or a related field are highly desirable.
What We Offer:
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Opportunities for professional development and training to enhance your skills.
- A supportive and inclusive school environment that values your contributions.
- The chance to make a positive impact on the lives of children and young people.
- Collaborative partnerships with experienced educators and professionals.
- Ongoing guidance and mentorship from our dedicated team.
If you are a compassionate and experienced Social Worker or Support Worker with a desire to support students in overcoming behavioural challenges, we would love to hear from you. Join our team at Protocol Education and contribute to creating an inclusive and nurturing school environment.
Please apply now if this sounds of interest to you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.