Protocol Education are currently recruiting for a Behaviour Support Worker to work in and around the Huddersfield area.
We are looking for someone who wants to work with young people with SEMH and has previously done so or worked in a setting of care. We are looking for someone who really wants to make an impact, can be dependable and who can provide support in the classroom and educational setting. The school is a specialist setting for students with complex SEMH needs of which some display challenging behaviour.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be able to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Work within a classroom with students who have a variety of complex needs
- To communicate, listen and feedback with other educators to help adapt practices to best fit the students
- To help in the preparation and organisation of classroom resources including adjusting in classroom layout
- To adapt to different learning situations whether that is working in a group or 1:1
- A passion for working with young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
- You are a calm, patient and understanding person and will use this approach with their students.
- Experience with working with young people with challenging behaviour or in a care setting.
- Have the right to work in the UK and be willing if not already to apply for a DBS certificate.
How working for Protocol will benefit you
- Competitive rates of pay, PAYE, no hidden umbrella costs.
- You will be well supported by an experienced team of education specialists.
- Career progression
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD)
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.