Role: Behaviour Specialist Teaching Assistant
Salary: £80 - £95 per day
A school in Boston have an excellent opportunity for a Behaviour Specialist Teaching Assistant. This role will require catering to students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH). Working as a behavioural support assistant you will provide support for students with SEMH needs who may find it difficult or be reluctant to engage in education. This will include building rapport with students and creating positive relationships which influence them to regulate their behaviour.
If you have previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant or are passionate about improving the outcomes for young people, this is the role for you. As an individual you will be outgoing and confident in your abilities to deal with behavioural difficulties and re-engaging students in education.
We are looking for a Behaviour Specialist who:
- Can develop and implement strategies to support students with SEMH needs in managing their behaviour and improving their academic outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with teachers and other support staff to support the SEMH needs of students.
- Can provide individual and small group support to students with SEMH needs.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, counselling, social work or related field is desirable but not essential.
- Experience working with students with SEMH needs.
- Knowledge of behaviour management strategies and techniques or willingness to learn
- It is desired (although not essential) that applicants have a qualification in Team Teach and experience in dealing with young people who have SEMH needs.
What Protocol can offer:
• A dedicated consultant who understands the importance of finding the right role for you, allowing you to get the best out of your employment.
• Access to over 50 CPD courses of Diploma and Certificate level, used to help further your understanding and help you progress further within your career.
• Flexibility - Whether you’re wanting full or part time work, Protocol can work around you. We can offer you daily, long term or even permanent work.
• Refer a friend scheme: £50 to any candidate who refers an individual who begins working for Protocol
• The opportunity to work with an agency who have gained recognition within our industry, through awards and accreditations.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this Behaviour Specialist Teaching Assistant role – please apply now. Or if you wish to discuss this role, please contact Kayleigh on 01522 425797 or email email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.