Protocol Education are in partnership with a primary school based in Leeds (LS9) and we’re recruiting for a Behaviour Mentor to work directly with pupils, improve attitude to learning, and manage behaviour.
What is the role?
As a Learning and Behaviour Mentor you will mainly work with pupils on a one-to-one basis enabling children to access the curriculum. You will support children to develop coping strategies, enhance motivation, raise aspirations and encourage re-engagement with learning. The successful candidate will have experience dealing with children with a range of underlying needs and be ready to help our children to remove the barriers to their learning. The role will involve supporting teachers to plan for the needs of the children by setting up and supporting reward systems/ behaviour plans and putting provision in place for those who find unstructured times a challenge.
Requirements for this role:
- Experience working with children who have special educational needs or behavioural challenges.
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update system, or willingness to apply for a new one.
- Valid ID documentation including Right to Work and Photo ID.
- Minimum x2 Professional References
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic personality with a willingness to learn and develop yourself further.
- Ability to work collaborativley and act with initiative.
- Innovative and commited to school improment
In return, we can offer:
• Fabulous children who want to learn
• A fantastic and friendly team of staff
• Ongoing CPD & support for future career progression
• A school which takes pupil & staff wellbeing seriously
• Supportive central Trust team, governors & a dedicated staff team who are continually willing to learn
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference & be part of our journey to set a new standard in non-selective, knowledge rich education.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.