Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) Support Worker
There is a specialised school based in Harrow that caters to pupils who are on the Autistic spectrum and have complex needs who are now looking for an ethusiastic and competent ASC Support Worker. For a young person with Autism to succeed, consistency is key therefore this role is 5 days a week throughout the academic year.
This role includes:
- Supporting children with autism on a group and 1:1 basis.
- Assisting with classwork
- Behaviour management
- Helping pupils with their daily routine
- Creating an Education Healthcare Plan (ECHP).
The school has an excellent reputation locally and beyond with a highly skilled and dedicated team who work together to ensure all pupils experience an exciting curriculum tailored to meet their individual needs. As a result, a safe, caring and supportive ethos enables the children to be happy at school and achieve well in their learning.
The Ideal Candidate should have:
- ASC teaching assistant/support experience (min 1 year)
- Happy to help with personal care
- PECS or MAKATON experience desirable
- Encouraging attitude and positive regard.
- Behaviour management experience
Highlights of becoming a Protocol Education ASC Support Worker:
- Full-time positions available
- Experience working with pupils who have ASC.
- Ideal post for graduates with a Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND) background looking to move into a career in education.
Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references, as well as possessing an up-to-date Enhanced DBS or be willing to apply for one through Protocol Education.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.