Protocol Education are currently recruiting for individuals who are looking to pursue a career as a Teacher to gain practical experience covering lessons in secondary schools across Bristol as an unqualified teacher (Cover Supervisor). This role is flexible, with you being able to work anything from 1 day per week, through to full time to work around any existing commitments you may have.
As these are cover roles only, all planning and marking will be already be completed and available for you to access prior to covering the lessons in your given timetable. This would be a very desireable role for anyone going on to embark on a PGCE or an experienced teaching assistant looking to take the next step in their career.
You would manage the behaviour of the classroom and conduct the lesson/s as set out the by the schools usual teacher in their absence.
Start date: ASAP
Hours: 8.30am - 3.30pm, Monday to Friday (full and part time options available - as flexible as you need)
Protocol Education are looking for candidates who:
- Believe that every student, regardless of their background or need, can make outstanding progress
- Are determined, creative and inspirational in their style and presence as a teacher
- Are confident and resilient
- Are passionate about their subject specialism
- Can be flexible in their approach
- Utilise a variety of teaching methods to present engaging, thoughtful lessons and CPD sessions
- Are caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the well being with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals and the local community
Protocol Eduction offers you:
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD during half term or summer & online courses available anytime
- Know someone who might be able to work for us? Refer an unlimited number of people and receive a £250 refer a friend bonus!
- Free Webinars to upskill yourself and broaden your knowledge
- The chance to network with a vast amount of schools in your area
- Flexibility with working days and hours
- Social events to meet other educators
- NQT/ECT network and community
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
If you would like further information on the role or to apply, please do get in touch on our website or apply directly through this advert.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.