Protocol Education are currently recruiting experienced Learning Support Asstants within the North Shields area. The schools we work with offer prospective teaching assistants the opportunity to work all ages such as early years, primary and secondary students and will provide training throughout the role. This particular school are looking for individuals who enjoy working with children of all ages, comfortable working with special needs and are passionate about making a positive impact in students learning and development.
- Develop and implement individualized support plans for individuals with ASD
- Provide support and assistance with daily living activities, including personal care, social skills, and communication
- Collaborate with families, schools, and other healthcare professionals to coordinate care and ensure consistent support
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Previous experience of supporting on a one-to-one or smaller groups basis
- Experience of working as a Teaching Assistant
- Minimum Level 2 Teaching and Learning Support Qualification or be willing to complete
- Experience in working with children with challenging behaviours
- Be flexible and available for work
- Enhanced DBS on Update Service or be willing to purchase
- If you have worked overseas in the last 5 years we will require you to have an overseas police check
- References covering the last 2 years minimum
- Be able to demonstrate de-escalation techniques and apply behaviour policies
What can Protocol Education offer?
- Competitive rates of pay using a Pay As You Earn System (PAYE)
- Opportunity for continued professional development through FREE training courses (CPD)
- A dedicated recruitment specialist to support you
- Fantastic work life balance
- £50 Refer A Friend Scheme
If you feel you have the right qualities that we are looking for then we would love to hear from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.