Protocol Education is looking for enthusiatic people to join the team and support young learners across North Somerset. The roles we would be looking to fill would be learning support and teaching assistants, plus 1:1 support for some of our students with ASD and other additional needs. This would require someone who is compassionate, adaptable and forthcoming in attitude. You do not need to be a qualified teacher for this role.
About the role:
- Manage and support the behaviour of pupils with ASD within a classroom environment
- De-escalate any behavioural concerns during lessons in an appropriate manner and in accordance to safeguarding specifications
- Be prepared and confident in supporting the students with their learning and additional requirements
- Have a non-judgemental approach to students and their learning abilities
- Awareness of safeguarding practices and the importance of effective pastoral care.
The candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in their attitude to the role
- Have a consistent and objective approach to all pupils
- Be passionate about educating young people and instilling confidence in students' abilities in lessons
- Knowledge and awareness of SEN needs and any adjustments for students with ASD
- Be prepared to support students with a variety of additional needs if necessary
- Have a proven track record in similar roles or institutions and the right to work in the UK.
What Protocol can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay per hour
- Weekly pay through PAYE
- Free continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing support from our dedicated team of experts.
If you are excited to take on these roles, apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.