⏲️ ASD Learning Support Assistants ⏲️
Chelmsford | Full-time
Are you a support specialist looking for the next step in your career?
We are looking for Autism Learning Support Assistants for a fantastic primary school in the Chelmsford area. We would need this person to work 1-1 in supporting a child.
This school offers a friendly and caring ethos in everything that they do, helping to ensure they have a happy environment to help their students thrive.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting pupils throughout the school day.
- Helping students to support their communication, speech, and learning.
- Aiding the children in their needs and encouraging them to make the right choices for learning.
- Happy to work as a mentor to help the children develop their skills and aid them in managing their behaviour.
- Open to developing and facilitating games and activities to support pupils in making the right decisions during unstructured times.
What are we looking for:
- You will be passionate and understanding in nature.
- Have recent experience in working with children/children with ASD.
- Great behavioural management skills.
- You will have an understanding and knowledge of autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
What can we offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay through PAYE.
- Flexible work life balance to fit your lifestyle.
- Professional and ongoing support from the team of consultants here at Protocol.
- Aiding in opportunities to help career progression and helping in supply work resulting in a long-term role.
- £250 referral bonus scheme
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, pop over your CV!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.