Do you come from a care background are looking to begin work in the Education Sector? Use your existing skills and join us at Protocol Education working as classroom support in a SEND School based in South Yorkshire.
We are offering both full time, part time or even day – to – day work that can work around you.
The Role: As classroom support, you will help assist the classroom teacher working on a 1:1 or small group basis. You will create relationships with both staff and students to ensure that the child is making efficient progress and is building their confidence to go on and succeed post education regardless of their needs or disability.
The School: A safe, caring and nurturing environment that priorities providing a happy and stimulating place for their students. Pupils in this school tend to have Medical Needs that can’t be provided for in a typical mainstream provision or have been given an Educational Health Care Plan due to having ASC. The school aims to remove as many barriers to learning as possible to allow students to go on and thrive post education.
The Successful Candidate:
Being adaptable in this role is key to being successful. You will be focused on following the ethos and aims of the school, while being a friendly face for students to go to in times of need. You must be open to going the extra mile to ensure students are given the best education possible.
Extra qualifications such as moving and handling, team teach or medical administration is desired but not essential.
What Protocol can offer:
- A dedicated consultant who understands the importance of finding the right role for you, allowing you to get the best out of your employment.
- Access to over 50 CPD courses of Diploma and Certificate level, used to help further your understanding and help you progress further within your career.
- Flexibility - Whether you’re wanting full or part time work, Protocol can work around you. We can offer you daily, long term or even permanent work.
- Competitive Rates
- Refer a friend scheme: £250 to any candidate who refers an individual who begins working for Protocol
- The opportunity to work with an agency who have gained recognition within our industry, through awards and accreditations.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.