Protocol Education are currently recruiting for a Artistic Learning Support Assistant to work in Social, Emotional, Mental Health (SEMH) Schools across the area of Wiltshire.
The position will be working with Primary Schools, but also provide alternative support and care for students with SEMH who are not in the position to access mainstream education for various reasons. The importancy of this vacancy will include that of a Mentor/Support Worker, focusing on their SEMH specific needs, well-being and academic abilities in a structured and adapted curriculum. A significant number of students have Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP's) which as a vital support worker you will contribute and collaborate together with the pupil to achieve their personal targets and offer engaging, fun, inspiring activities and methods that progress each individual child and challenge them when needed.
The schools are passionate to take on the educator with previous school experience or have worked in a assitance role, such as a support worker/youth worker/Teaching assistant/carer/intervention/tutor. These schools are also keen to speak to people with ex forces/ex prision officer/ex-counsellor or have previous experience working in sports coach backgrounds.
This position is appealing for someone looking to earn significant classroom experience prior to setting out on a teaching career, or a great opportunity for any graduates seeking a bold new career change.
Part-Time and Full-Time options are available for this LTA position.
The position is Temporary with a view to becoming Permanent.
- Working effectively with the outstanding and experienced staff team, specifically teachers in order to make a difference to student's EHCP's and personal needs academically and socially
plan and deliver interventions alongside the teacher
- To support in overseeing the behaviour management of children whilst they undertake their work and ensuring a constructive and inspiring environment is always enforced.
- Candidate required to drive as there will be collection and drop offs (mileage covered)
- Confidently difuse situations within the classroom in the correct way certifying safeguarding procedures are always adhered.
- Declaring any safeguarding issues using the exisitng school’s referral policy and safeguarding procedures.
If this is an inspring position for you to make a huge difference at this thriving school, don't hisitate and apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.