We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and/or experienced Art/Design Technology Technician to provide general technical and administrative assistance in the delivery of the art and design technology curriculum and raising achievement.
- Term time only: Full Time; 36 Hours per week (including 30 minutes lunch break)
- Attractive employee benefits
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free lunch and drinks
- Start date: as soon as possible
The successful candidate will ideally have a background in Art & Design Technology and will need to be self-motivated and flexible in their work, including:
- providing technical support within the classroom including working alongside students;
- preparing materials and equipment for use in lessons as requested and to assist with the reprographics and ICT administration within the Department;
- working in a practical art-making environment offering relevant skills;
- assisting in special exhibitions and displays of Art across the school;
- ensuring the well-organised storage of materials, equipment and artwork;
- maintaining efficient and tidy organisation of ADT classrooms and areas;
- sharing our high expectations for progress for all pupils;
- working independently but also making a significant contribution to the team;
- sharing our positive ethos and commitment to inclusion.
- being technically and administratively efficient, with an ability to adapt quickly to changes and provide creative, astute and efficient solutions under time pressure, when required
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.