Job Opportunity: Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
Are you a compassionate and dedicated care assistant looking for a rewarding career change? We have exciting opportunities for care assistants to transition into the field of education as Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistants (SEND TAs).
About the Role
As a SEND TA, you will play a crucial role in supporting children with a range of special educational needs in a special school setting. Your experience and skills from working in care will be invaluable in providing individualized support and implementing strategies to meet the unique needs of each student.
- Provide one-on-one or group support to students with special educational needs
- Assist with personal care and daily living activities as required
- Implement behaviour management techniques and support students in developing social skills
- Collaborate with teachers and other professionals to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment
- Monitor and track students' progress, providing feedback to the teaching team
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience as a care assistant or in a similar role
- Empathy, patience, and a genuine desire to make a positive impact on children's lives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children with special educational needs
- Ongoing training and professional development to support your career growth
- Competitive salary and benefits package
How to Apply
If you are a caring and compassionate care assistant seeking a new and fulfilling career in education, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application, including your resume and a cover letter, detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining our team of dedicated SEND TAs.
Note: Experience in working with children with special educational needs is preferred but not mandatory. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds who are eager to make a positive impact in the lives of children with special needs.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.