The borough of Tower Hamlet's provision for learners that are removed from mainstream primary and secondary school is expanding and is currently recruiting for engaging qualified teachers to work on a 1:1 or 1:3 basis with learners on a tutoring basis. Due to the nature of the pupil's needs, for this role you must be able to commit full-time and be prepared to plan, prep and mark all work as well as keep the relevant progress records. This provision will consider applications from ECTs who have an active interest in SEMH as the young people who access the provision can have their own mental health or emotional difficulties.
- Located within Tower Hamlets with excellent travel links.
- Caters to all ages; from Primary to KS5. All students have been removed from their mainstream school - some are on a reintegration program and some are permanently excluded.
- Takes a multi-faceted approach to working with pupils - shorter lessons as well as customized learning timetables.
- Has a very inclusive ethos; they do a lot of work within the local community and promote practical skills that directly benefit the learner outside the classroom, ie: bike servicing workshops, culinary workshops in local restaurants and various volunteering.
- Has excellent facilities - staff has access to well kitted sports gym before and after school and get to teach in a well looked after environment.
- 5 days a week 08:30 -15:30 - Where you teach 3 x 90 minute tutoring sessions a day working with your individual caseload of pupils.
- Tutoring core subjects to a reasonable level; you can be a specialist in another subject and still be considered if you are engaging and confident enough with the core subjects.
- Long term - due to the nature of the pupil, the provision only takes on people that they can have a on a long-term basis - if you are interested in permanent contracts, this school does offer them to the right staff.
- Rewarding - this is not your average classroom teacher role, you will be making a huge impact on your pupils on a daily basis.
For this role you must be a qualified teacher or hold qualifications that allow you to teach in a college.
If you feel you could add significant value and would like to explore the opportunity further please do not hesitate to contact me with your CV to email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.