Protocol Education are currently recruiting for an individual who is passionate about building positive relationships with children in order to support them in achieving to the best of their ability. The role will suit a candidate who is comfortable working with children with additional needs and adapting their support style to meet these needs. As a trainee teaching assistant, you are not required to have any qualifications in this field but a passion and dedication to making a difference in children's lives. You will mostly work alongside the class teacher to provide support to a child on a 1:1 basis.
Working days: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4pm.
The successful applicant will:
- Be positive and self-motivated.
- Have a calm and reassuring nature.
- Be able to work collaboratively with teaching and support staff.
- Have a willingness to learn and be adaptable in the way they work.
- Ensure that the pupil can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
- Developing knowledge of the particular needs of the pupil and seeking advice from the SENCo, class teacher and outside agencies as required.
- Provide positive reinforcement and have the ability to work as a team.
Experience is desirable but not essential. We are interested to hear from candidates with a range of experiences.
Here at Protocol, we can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay through PAYE
- Guaranteed work agreements that guarantee consistent work and income
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD)
- Termly awards that celebrate outstanding performance and commitment
- Ongoing honest, friendly and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If this is an opportunity that interests you, apply now either through this advert or on our Protocol Education website. Alternatively call us on 0191 279 7270.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.